Boxlight and Medgar Evers College Partner
BOXLIGHT Corp., a leading interactive classroom technology manufacturer and K-12 education solutions provider, has partnered with Medgar Evers College in Brooklyn to create a showcase classroom that will enable K-12 teachers and students to experience the full capacity and impact of interactive instruction technologies. The two organizations will launch the product suite, located on the college’s campus, in a ribbon-cutting ceremony scheduled for April 20, 2016, from 9 a.m-10:30 a.m.
The technology showcase will feature Boxlight’s patented, award-winning interactive classroom technology and the advanced classroom solutions from its recent acquisition, Mimio, one of the world’s leading providers of interactive teaching technologies. Visitors to the classroom will be able to see and experience the following products:
* An 84-inch 4K ProColor interactive flat panel display and integrated OPS computer that provides ultra high resolution and accommodates up to 10 points of touch for optimal classroom collaboration
* A 70-inch ProColor interactive flat panel display and integrated OPS computer with ProColor Whiteboard Wings that provide protection for the flat panel as well as dry erase writing surfaces
* A Rainier height-adjustable mobile mount for the 70-inch interactive flat panel so educators have the flexibility to choose the location and angle of the display that best suits their purpose
* Boxlight’s dual-monitor digital podium that allows the presenter to more easily manage content and create seamless transitions
* Labdisc, the all-in-one, hand-held wireless STEM lab for every science
* A Labdisc cart for charging and storing Labdisc devices and student tablets
* DeskBoard, a portable, height and tilt adjustable desk surface made interactive via attached ultrashort throw interactive projector
* A P12 finger-touch interactive projector featuring up to 10 touch points of interactivity for optimal classroom collaboration and paired with an 89-inch dry erase board
* A height-adjustable, capacitive 47-inch interactive table that is ideal for group learning activities
* MimioView document camera for creating vibrant lessons with high-definition images or video
* MimioStudio classroom software for integrating all the classroom technology
* MimioMobile collaboration and assessment app that lets schools get the most from their mobile devices
* MimioTeach, a device that turns any whiteboard into an interactive whiteboard
“Innovation is transforming education, yet because of the rapid changes across the education ecosystem, school administrators and teachers often are unaware of the latest advances in both hardware and software technologies,” said Pat Henry, EVP Global Sales of Boxlight. “We can’t thank Medgar Evers College President Dr. Rudy Crew enough for making this showcase of trusted and cutting-edge technologies available to local educators. We believe this will further the invaluable conversations about how technology can and will play such an integral role in classroom for teachers and students alike.”
The long-term plan for the technology showcase facility is to expand its purpose even further, with the college eventually using the product suite for educational events and teacher training.
Joining Crew at the ribbon-cutting ceremony will be executives from Boxlight, along with a host of local elected government officials, business and community leaders as well as principals and technology directors from a number of local and regional schools.
Boxlight has been developing and manufacturing award winning projectors and interactive technology since its inception in 1985. The company takes pride in offering industry leading technical support and ISF Certified service available 24 hours / 7 days per week / 365 days per year – for the lifetime of the product.
Boxlight operations encompass sales in the United States and worldwide. Headquarters are located in Lawrenceville, Georgia with offices in Belfair, Washington, Mexico City, Taiwan and China. Boxlight products and services are available on-line at www.boxlight.com or by calling 360.464.2119.
Mimio is a global leader in interactive teaching technologies that offer a better way to learn and an empowering way to teach. For more than 19 years, Mimio has created award-winning, innovative, and affordable hardware and software that increase teacher effectiveness and student engagement in K-12 classrooms. For more information, visitwww.mimio.com.
About Medgar Evers College
Located in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, Medgar Evers College is a growing institution offering both Associate and Baccalaureate degrees. The nearly 7,000-member student body is primarily comprised of those who are the first in their families to attend college. A senior college within The City University of New York (CUNY) system, Medgar Evers College was established in 1970 with a mandate to meet the educational and social needs of the Central Brooklyn community. With a commitment to students who desire a sound academic foundation as well as an opportunity for personal development, Medgar Evers College seeks to provide high-quality, professional, career-oriented undergraduate degree programs in the context of a liberal arts education. For more information, visit http://www.mec.cuny.edu.