Assessment for Learning
What are students learning? And how should you differentiate instruction to make sure they are gaining the essential skills? Assessment is a key piece of the learning cycle. It helps to benchmark student comprehension of critical skills and their knowledge base. With assessment we can better recognize which students need more whole-class learning, more team and small-group work, or more one-to-one focus.
Boxlight assessment tools enable all types of knowledge check-ins, from real-time formative assessment to summative assessment — allowing you to gauge learning and review the goals that have been set for students.
Differentiated instruction is one of the keys to student achievement. But in order to personalize learning, teachers need to perform real-time formative assessment. Teachers can do just that with your school’s mobile devices equipped with the MimioMobile™ app, or any device using a compatible Web browser. They can adjust their lessons accordingly, and use the data to direct small-group or individualized instruction to increase the effectiveness of the lesson.
- The MimioMobile app connects in just seconds to the teacher’s MimioStudio™ software – no need to remember IP addresses or complicated logins.
- Purchase just one annual license for the teacher and download the app to every student mobile device in the classroom.
- Teachers can create assessments with short-answer, short-essay, numeric, and multiple-choice student responses, which will help to prepare students for Common Core State Standards Assessments.
- Students may use any combination of MimioVote™ handsets and devices running the MimioMobile app.
“ MimioMobile allows students to actively participate from anywhere in the classroom. They can even answer assessment questions with their devices.”
Paul Gigliotti, History Teacher
MimioVote assessment system
“…really has allowed us to do real-time formative assessment with students.”
Michael Bednarz Director of Curriculum Stafford Springs, CT
With the MimioVote™ assessment, the results are immediate and the feedback has value. Teachers know who is learning and who needs help. And when students don’t have to think about how to use the device, they can concentrate on answering the questions.
- The intuitive design provides instantaneous teacher-led or self-paced evaluation, without the hassle typically found with ordinary assessment tools. Teachers get accurate, real-time results and eliminate the extra workload of manual test correction. And they can download results into spreadsheets and lesson plans to easily track learning.
- Quick-poll during a lesson, to see who’s getting it and who needs some help.
- Reduces student confusion by illuminating only the answer buttons needed for each test.
- Easily import standard tests and publisher’s content.
- Compatible with MimioStudio templates and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Automatic recharging means tech directors don’t have the hassle of battery replacement
Experience What the Classroom Can Be
Educating today’s students to prepare them for tomorrow can be a challenging task. Education is more than just learning facts – it’s also building essential skills. It’s about teaching students to approach learning creatively and with critical thinking. To be innovative in their approaches and thought process. It’s about learning and working together, and being able to communicate their ideas.
Whether it’s whole-class learning, small-group collaboration, formative assessment, or STEM-based learning, Boxlight offers the services, software, and hardware that enable teachers to easily and effectively enhance student outcomes and build essential skills: critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and creativity.