Join the Boxlight Team
Our success starts with our employees. Our ability to accomplish what we set out to do is based on the people we hire—we believe we are all partners in Boxlight’s mission and success. We aim to improve learning and engagement in classrooms by developing the products educators need to help them enhance student outcomes and build essential skills. We seek to create a work environment that is fun, full of enthusiasm, and comfortable. We recognize that the right people work best in a great environment where they can freely share their ideas and talents. Your success is our success!
Thank You for Your Interest in Boxlight
Boxlight’s mission is to be the leader of innovative and effective educational technology solutions. We aim to improve learning and engagement in classrooms, and to help educators enhance student outcomes and build essential skills, by developing the products they need. We accomplish all of this while maintaining our unique culture that creates a sense of family and community. When you’re here, you’re family.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal Software Engineer
Boxlight Mimio is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Principal Software Engineer who is interested in being part of the team developing innovative solutions for educational technology.
The Principal Software Engineer will participate as a member of the cross-functional team responsible for developing software and tools that enable teachers to create, personalize, distribute, and present interactive instructional activities.
The ideal candidate is team-oriented with strong architectural and design skills as well as a very deep knowledge of the C++ programming language. The Boxlight Mimio team takes its work seriously, and believes we are most productive in an open and collaborative environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Architect, design and implement Boxlight software products.
• Test and debug products.
• Help maintain existing products.
• Mentor junior engineers.
• Contribute to the success of the team.
• Minimum of B.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree.
• 8+ years of relevant experience in software engineering.
• Experience with Mac OS X / macOS development using Xcode.
• Strong background in object-oriented design and deep knowledge of the C++ programming language.
• Experience with interface-based development using COM, SOAP, XML or equivalent technologies.
• Experience releasing high quality, robust end-user applications.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Knowledge of software engineering methodologies and best practices.
• QT development experience. Familiarity with the Qt Framework a huge plus.
• iOS development experience.
• Experience using Windows and Linux operating systems.
• Experience in the Consumer Products industry.
• Location: Boston metrowest – though will consider remote worker
• Reports to: Vice President of Product
• Some domestic and international travel required
• Valid passport and the ability to qualify for visas into China, Taiwan, Mexico, and the EU are required