Join the Boxlight Team
Our success starts with our employees. Our ability to accomplish what we set out to do is based on the people we hire—we believe we are all partners in Boxlight’s mission and success. We aim to improve learning and engagement in classrooms by developing the products educators need to help them enhance student outcomes and build essential skills. We seek to create a work environment that is fun, full of enthusiasm, and comfortable. We recognize that the right people work best in a great environment where they can freely share their ideas and talents. Your success is our success!
Thank You for Your Interest in Boxlight
Boxlight’s mission is to be the leader of innovative and effective educational technology solutions. We aim to improve learning and engagement in classrooms, and to help educators enhance student outcomes and build essential skills, by developing the products they need. We accomplish all of this while maintaining our unique culture that creates a sense of family and community. When you’re here, you’re family.
Accounts Receivable Specialist
Hourly/Non-Exempt – Lawrenceville, GA
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this position is responsible for the analysis, reconciliation and collections of trade receivable accounts, and is the primary interface with designated customers, and sales representatives for timely remittances and resolution of issues. The AR Clerk ensures accounts receivable processes are followed in compliance with established policies and procedures, and assists in assessing customer credit worthiness and limits, preparing management reports as requested, and maintaining customer records.
Major Responsibilities/Primary Functions
Responsible for processing the day to day activities related to accounts receivable while working with our third party service provider(“TPS”) . The day to day activities include the following:
- Billing all completed shipments
- Application of cash receipts to customer accounts noted from the TPS reports
- Processing credit card payments
- Uploading all new invoices and credit memos to the TPS system
- Monitoring the AR aging balances >60 days and performing collection calls in conjunction with TPS and sales persons
- Provide customer assistance with invoice and/or account statement issues
- Approve material return authorization requests
- Approve refunds for inventory returns
- Create credit memos to resolve billing errors
- Other duties as assigned
Distinguishing Characteristics and Special Requirements
Works on a variety of assignments and demonstrates sound judgement/decision making skills, and tact and diplomacy in dealing with difficult or sensitive situations. In this position the employee may be required to work extended hours, and may require long periods of time on the phone.
Maintains good working relationships with all departments to ensure superior customer service and resolution of account issues.
To perform this position successfully, the individual must have two years of accounts receivable and general ledger experience all with the appropriate educational/experience, math and computer skills, reasoning ability and good interpersonal skills.
Ability to apply creative and common-sense approach and insight into developing and carrying out management goals.
Ability to deal with and resolve problems involving complex variables in a variety of situations.
Ability to communicate and interact with customers and all departments to share information, promotes understanding, and achieves resolution.
Must have experience with accounting software and Microsoft software in a Windows environment.
Submit resumes to email@example.com
Full-Time – Lawrenceville, GA
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: payroll processing, benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in leadership meetings and functional staff meetings as required.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Required Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources and three to five years of HR experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org