Whether it’s every student in the class, every class in the school, or every school in the district, MimioStudio’s™ licensing models bring all the benefits of our award-winning software to every student and teacher. MimioStudio software is integrated with all of our products and includes a three-user license for MimioMobile™. And if your school already has hardware from another manufacturer, no problem—you can license MimioStudio for use with that as well, and leverage your existing technology purchases.
- One software platform for all of your classrooms simplifies both teaching and learning.
- Imports existing course material from SMART, Promethean, and Common File Format (*.iwb).
- Unify on a single software solution, allowing teachers to share their knowledge and maximize effectiveness. It also expedites training and simplifies tech support.
- Quantity-based pricing is available for larger implementations.
We know that different users have different needs, so we offer three licensing models in order to help you find the right fit. Whether you are using Boxlight or Mimio products, hardware from other manufacturers, or want to access our content creation features from home, we’ve got you covered. MimioStudio is licensed on a per-PC basis under the following models:
- Hardware license: A perpetual license that comes with every front-of-classroom1 product and allows MimioStudio to be installed on all compatible computers in the same classroom where the original hardware is installed. Includes a three-user license of MimioMobile app. If unqualified hardware2 is connected to the MimioStudio software, the lessons will display a watermark.
- User license: An annual license intended to enable use of MimioStudio software with non-Boxlight/Mimio front-of-classroom products. It is available in one-year and seven-year subscriptions. This license allows MimioStudio software to be installed on up to two compatible computers and includes a three-user license for the MimioMobile app.
- Home and student version: A freely available perpetual license that enables content creation and presentation without the interactive and collaborative features.
1 Front-of-classroom products: Boxlight and Mimio branded Interactive projectors, interactive flat panel displays, MimioTeach, and MimioBoard products.
2 Unqualified hardware: Front-of-classroom interactive display devices from other manufacturers.
License Feature Chart
|Privileges by License Type||Hardware License||User License|
|All computers in the classroom3||x||x|
|Teacher classroom PC||●||●|
|Teacher and/or student home PC||x||●|
|Includes three-user MimioMobile license||●||●|
|Use with almost any interactive display||x||●|
|All PCs in the entire site/school||x||x|
|All PCs in all schools in district||x||x|
3 The MimioMobile app is a software add-on to MimioStudio that allows all student computers to interact with the lesson content created and displayed by MimioStudio.
Why Your Tech Coordinators Will Love It
- Simplifies updates because all computers share the same software.
- Silent installation program to remotely update multiple computers across the network.
- Reduces educator training time—they only have to learn one program.
- Can be installed on any computer running Mac, Windows, or Linux.
- On-call tech support to quickly respond to questions.
- Includes live support, a self-service knowledge base, online training, and reference materials.
Why Your Teachers Will Love It
- Teachers can share, adapt, and reuse teaching materials between classrooms or district-wide.
- Legacy content is preserved! Teachers can import lesson content at the object level created in SMART, Promethean, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Common File Format.
- Also imports from PDF and Microsoft Word.
- The standardized software means teachers don’t have to learn additional programs, even if they use different classrooms.
- Students can use the home and student version to create and complete lessons both during class and at home.
- Teachers can easily load the home and student version on their home computers for added convenience and flexibility.
Want to Learn More About MimioStudio?