Professional Development for Teachers
Boxlight wants to provide the best tools to help teachers improve student outcomes. We can now extend our commitment to schools and districts by providing a rich portfolio of classroom training, professional development, and educator certification services. Contact us to get the most out of your training and PD budget through customized programs that put the teacher first.
What We Do
We provide engaging, differentiated professional development for teachers to ensure that every student benefits from the technology tools available in their classrooms and schools. Our programs are built with customization in mind—we focus on building comfort and confidence using the specific hardware and software platforms available to the teacher, adjust content to be relevant for different grade bands and subject areas, and then scaffold application of this technology to meet instructional priorities.
We believe there are three fundamentals to improving teaching and learning quality:
- SYSTEMIC CHANGE through guided processes
- SELF-SUFFICIENCY as experts work alongside district and teacher leaders
- DOCUMENTATION and purposeful follow-up
- LEVERAGING existing district/school capabilities and know-how
- SETTING CLEAR EXPECTATIONS and providing accountability
- DRIVING EFFICIENCY through workflow optimization
What Makes Us Better
We design each program to work for your teachers, students, and schools.
We focus on learning applications first, then advise and support technology integration.
|Traditional PD||Boxlight PD|
|Passive: Focused on the material delivered by the trainer||Interactive: Most of the time is spent on practical exercises and developing educational concepts and ideas|
|Time Limited: Well-defined end time||Open Formula: Includes follow-up after each session, online complimentary materials, and check-ins|
|Relevance: Varying degrees of relevance for teachers||High Relevancy: Uses examples for specific grades and content areas|
|Format: Dominated by one type of training (usually group training sessions)||Full Variety of Training Forms: Face to face (f2f), group, individual outside of classroom, in classroom, online modules, teacher communities, 1:1 coaching support|
|Prepared Content: Participants mainly play a role of receivers||Flexible Content: Focus on things of importance for individual teachers, participants play a role of co-creators|
|Typical Order: Training starts from basic information that is delivered during sessions||“Flipped PD” Approach: Materials delivered before the training to allow coaches to use f2f time with participants in the most efficient way|
How We Can Help
Boxlight Certification Programs
Educator Level | Expert Level | Trainer Level | Labdisc STEM Educator | Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) | OKTOPUS Certification
Virtual and In-Person Training Opportunities
Our workshops range from one hour to one day, so your teachers can get up and running quickly and effectively with their interactive technology and hardware.
Remote and Hybrid Learning | Boxlight Solutions | Microsoft Classroom | Google in the Classroom | Custom
Online PD Activation
Customized Training Programs:
- Remote and Hybrid Learning PD for educators
- Boxlight interactive and other front-of-classroom solutions
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Teams and other Office tools for educators
- G Suite for Education and Google Classroom
- Strategies for teaching with laptops, Chromebooks, and tablets
- OKTOPUS software integration
- Labdisc, graphic calculators, and other STEM solutions
- Bring video to the classroom with document cameras, Microsoft Teams meetings, and Google Meet
- Basics of classroom management
- Micro-credentialing and badging
- Technology integration strategies for a wide range of topics, including:
- Synchronous and Asynchronous Learning
- Remote and Hybrid Learning
- Common Formatives and Data Analysis
- Collaboration in PLCs
- OneNote for a Diversified Classroom
- Flipping Your Classroom
- Building Lesson Libraries
Clayton County Public Schools: How one district had the right ingredients for successful digital learning.
The fifth-largest district in the Atlanta area, CCPS utilizes Boxlight educational technology to ensure teachers and students have an easy-to-use solution that is both effective and engaging. In addition, Boxlight partners with CCPS to create comprehensive training in order to improve teaching practices and student outcomes.