Looking for answers? Try searching through our FAQ library or browsing the categories below.
What Can I Help You With?
The MimioMobile application can connect to MimioStudio 10 or later using a school’s internal Wi-Fi network, allowing students to contribute to the learning environment. There are several requirements to ensure reliable connectivity between the application and MimioStudio:
- MimioStudio should be running at least version 10.0 or later.
- The MimioMobile application needs to be activated with the activation code issued during purchase.
- The MimioMobile application is supported on iPad 2 and above, iPad Mini (all versions), iPhone 4 and above, iPod Touch 4th Generation and above, and various Android devices running Honeycomb 3.0 and above.
- The student device and the computer that hosts the MimioStudio software should have IP connectivity between them. This could be either the same Local Area Network, or connected networks that have unrestricted access between them.
- In the event of a firewall being located between the MimioMobile clients and the MimioStudio network, please ensure the firewall allows connectivity between the two networks on the port configured in the MimioStudio Mobile settings.
- If the system that hosts the MimioStudio application has a software firewall configured, confirm it allows communication between the two networks on the configured port as well.
- Download Fing (available for free on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Linux).
- Fing is a port scanner that can detect whether the mobile device is on the same network as the computer running MimioStudio.
- Open up the settings (the icon is a gear).
- Edit Services > Add Service.
- Port: 59710 (or the port shown under the Mobile Preferences tab in the MimioStudio Settings).
- Name: MimioMobile service.
- Click on the icon that contains the pen (custom host button). Type the IP address of the computer which is running MimioStudio.
- Windows: Open the command prompt (cmd or command): ipconfig /all. Wireless LAN adapter IP Address (should be in the form of 10.xxx.xxx.xxx)
- Mac: Open the terminal. Type Ifconfig. Look for en1 (wireless address) and look at the value for inet (should be in the form of 10.xxx.xxx.xxx).
- Click scan and see if Fing detects that the mobile device can see the computer running MimioStudio (it should show that the Mimio service is running).
Note: The default port used for communication between MimioStudio and the MimioMobile clients is TCP:59710 (this is configurable in the MimioStudio software under MimioStudio > Tools > Settings >Mobile > Configure). There are no problems communicating between different subnets. The MimioMobile App sends and receives using the same port.