The key to students’ success is not only to learn science, technology, engineering, and math, but also to understand how those disciplines apply to the world around them. Students need to develop the critical skills that will prepare them for beyond the classroom, enabling them to be tomorrow’s engineers and innovators.
Labdisc portable STEM lab
The Labdisc portable lab opens the door to inquiry-based learning in a variety of science fields, including biology, chemistry, physics, environmental science, and geography. With our STEM science lab, you can take the science classroom anywhere. Labdisc helps students connect and engage with science from wherever they are.
- The wireless, compact Labdisc data logger for every science domain, with up to 15 built-in sensors. Fits in the palm of a student’s hand.
- The very long battery life of the Labdisc makes it a practical tool for inside or outside the classroom and provides an ideal solution for long-term experiments such as plant growth, weather change and pollution.
- Save up to 90 minutes on lab setup time.
“The Labdisc provides a science gateway for kids who feel less involved and can’t connect to a picture of their place in the universe. [This tool] can engage every type of population in science, and allow students to collaborate in scientific discoveries they know will make a difference.”
Dr. Steve Croft, UC Berkeley Space
MimioView document camera
“The MimioView has such amazing quality and offers endless possibilities for integration in the classroom…. I love that the teacher or students can mark up a LIVE picture at the whiteboard, as well as the fact that it can connect to a microscope.”
Cameron Nichols, Teacher, Wilmington, NC
Take all the wonder of interactive lessons and activities, and launch it even farther by adding high definition (HD) pictures or live HD video with the MimioView™ document camera. Detailed images of the intricacies of a flower or math manipulatives are all easily seen by the entire class on the front-of-the-room display. Lessons and learning come to life.
- Plug into a single USB computer port for both power and data.
- Autofocus by pushing a single button and the convenience of two adjustable light sources.
- Capture both dimensional objects and flat documents.
- Save work by easily annotating images and creating files to use over and over.
Experience What the Classroom Can Be.
Educating today’s students to prepare them for tomorrow can be a challenging task. Education is more than just learning facts – it’s also building essential skills. It’s about teaching students to approach learning creatively and with critical thinking. To be innovative in their approaches and thought process. It’s about learning and working together, and being able to communicate their ideas.
Whether it’s whole-class learning, small-group collaboration, formative assessment, or STEM-based learning, Boxlight offers the services, software, and hardware that enable teachers to easily and effectively enhance student outcomes and build essential skills: critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and creativity.